jeudi 3 mai 2012

Frye Jam!

Bon un peu en retard, le festival Frye est fini, but better late than never. 

D'abord à l'honneur du Frye, ce billet sera billingue. I mean, why not? Everything else que je fais est bilingue....

Since I haven't been reading much other than baby books, (j'ai essayé d'entamer La muraille de Chine, une collection d'histoires courtes de Kafka, mais j'ai découvert que j'ai developpé la capacité de ne pas lire un livre qui ne me captive pas dès le premier chapitre. Ah ben) and since I only go out about once a month, as my son has gone on a sleeping strike, I decided to  take my litterary appetite on the road, and kill two birds with one stone. Ok, I was actually going more to see Buck 65,  but I must confess I was pleasantly suprised by everyone who performed that night. Je ne savais pas trop a quoi m'attendre, j'savais même pas qu'il allait y avoir des auteurs... J'savais même pas que c'étais à l'Empress, (j'adore toujours les party's dans des endroits peinturés entièrement en noir... Comme au Aberdeen etc. C'est cozy, pis ça feel underground....)  Maybe it was the two very carefully timed beers talking - amazing how pregnancy and breastfeeding turn you into a light weight - but from the moment I sat down, I was immersed with a nice warm happy feeling. Ce sentiment unique comme quand une phrase délicieuse et éphémère surgit dans ton cerveau et qu'il faut l'écrire immédiatement, comme quand tu ferme les yeux et que tu te laisse bercer dans l'immensité du moment présent. Ok, enough with the cheesy clichés. That's why I still leave the writing up to the professionals. Sigh. 

Donc je vais me permettre de continuer ma rêverie et étirer le plaisir de cette soirée en me la rémémorant, soit en présentant un petit mot sur chacun des créateurs présents: 

Les Païens: Merci au groupe légendaire de Moncton d'avoir assuré la trame sonore pour la soirée. Même si je vous connais depuis bien longtemps, j'ai été épatée. Vous avez su créer un univers riche en textures sonores. C'étais délicieux, d'entendre chaque instrument apporter sa contribution, et puis fermer les yeux, et de laisser le tout se morfondre dans une cacophonie synchronisée. 

France Daigle: Merci pour un bref regard dans un univers charmant. La dialogue parent-enfant sur des sujets d'importance à l'hummanité, c'est rafraichissant, et j'espère que ça se passe dans le vrai monde. 

Terry Falls: Thank you for bringing me on an imaginary trip to Ottawa (where I have a dear friend who is, incidentally, working for the opposition) and, also, most importantly for making me giggle with you punny word play. 

Julie Aubé: Merci de me rappeller de la beauté de l'innoncence, et d'avoir partagé avec nous ta voix charmante. Contente de te découvrir à l'extérieur des Hay Babies ( LOVE THE HAY BABIES!!!! OUIIIIIIIII!!!!) 

David Gilmour: Thank you for saying something perfect. Thank you for the reminder that when we are young, we often think our chance at success comes around just once, but that happiness just lies around the corner. 

Owen Steel: Thank you for your song about rooster pie. It reminded me of why I wanted to move out into the country so my own son can have memories of his mother, cooking up a fresh 'paté de coq' (which was hilarious, because des coques in acadian, is a kind of quahog or clam, and my grandmother  makes a mean paté aux coques. She also gardens in short shorts and tank tops so she doesn't get tan lines for the Sunday service, but that is a whole other story... Coquine.). In the mean time, I'll hold out for urban chickens... 

Sue Goyette: Thank you for your rythmic poetry that flowed smoothly into the night. 

Phillippe Garon: Merci pour ton énergie, pour ta façon de voir le monde, mais surtout de nous l'écrire. J'adore ton style, c'est juste parfait. 

Buck 65: Thank you for coming to Moncton, but mostly, thank you for making music, and being on the radio, and hopefully, writing that novel, so I can enjoy a good book and shake my head in disbelief at how much talent you have. I mean shit. I think it's your personality that transcends into everything that you do or something, you have a distinct style, and that is rare and refreshing.Well I don't know if having a distinct style in itself is rare and refreshing, but your style certainly is.  I think you're probably the kind of person I would like to know in real life. I can't be certain of course, but you strike me as a genuine fellow. I enjoyed the show. Nuff said. 

Colleen Brown: Thank you for getting that little ditty stuck in my head. Seriously. (My version goes something like ABC, 123, We live in a democracy... ) Awesome! With a haunting voice and a retro vibe, there is definitely something mysterious about you. Belle découverte!

Donc voila. There was my attempt at sharing, in all sincerity how much fun I had, and because it isn't every day that people tell other people how much they are appreciated, what you each brought to me with the work that you do in the brief but brilliant moment in which you shared your craft with us at the Frye Festival. 

Merci aux organisateurs, soirée bien réussie! 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire